So.. I discovered about water marble on youtube of course. I was up late, Was super bored, Looking for a new nail art to do; as always. Anyways I discovered it like way in the beginning of 2010. Just never got the chance to try it out. When trying to balance out job hunting and working. So last night, I decided I should try out that marble look. Cause my other nail art attempt failed really bad. I need a different brush for it. So I'll do that soon and post up pics. But when I first did this water marble. I was like wtheccccck is going on. Why is the polish dropping to the bottom of the bowl? Well.. I realized its how I dropped the color into the water. Cause I thought it was just the water temperature. Which I think it shouldn't matter if its cold or warm, as long its not hot water. I did 5 different colors I used China Glaze| Liquid Leather - China Glaze|Ruby Pumps - O.P.I | Do You Lilac It? - O.P.I | Kinky In Helsinki - China Glaze| Shower Together. And last but not least I added this color to all 5 of the colors above China Glaze| White On White. I also had a tooth pick, A nail art dot dabber? Whatever I cant reach first to draw the design/ picking out the excess. But honestly its a lot of work, pretty messy too. I didn't use tape to cover around my nails. Because I thought its just a waste of tape, when I can use a brush and dab the acetone and clean the excess nail polish off my skin. Overall, the art look decent for the first try. I'll eventually do more of it see how it turns out then. Sorry for somewhat okay pictures. It was hard to auto focus it all and the lighting wasn't right so I did my best =)
 |
| Plastic Bowl Of Water |
 |
| The orders are in the same exact as my finger nails. The ones above anyways. |
Here's a video that I saw before posting up this post.. Pretty much what I've mentioned. And tips that I didn't know about. =] enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO3NO29L50U&feature=channel
wow this is so cool Jen!!!
ReplyDeletelol.. i wish the designs turned out differently. i shouldve drawn less.
ReplyDeleteWould you paint my toenails?!!!
ReplyDeleteLike these??
ReplyDelete